Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ignition Setup IGN-1A Coils


Powdercoated my new IGN-1A bracket last night and mounted my coils to the bracket today. I don't believe it looks to bad if I do say so myself. We may have to start selling these at the store. Plenty of airflow to the individual coils and compact mounting to the AC compressors 4 bolt mounting position below the steering pump. Short wires and easy access to my harness. The coils are the popular IGN-1A coils with igniter. These are from my knowledge the highest energy inductive type coil available. Hotter than the LS type coils with an even shorter dwell times. They are by all appearances Mercury Marine coils of some type but I have yet to be able to find them at the prices available under the IGN-1A coil name.

No comments:

Post a Comment